BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 06, 2007

Bomoh patah
















Question: What is the duty of an orthopedic doctor?

Answer: To give MC



That is what I think some of the patients think.

Today a female teacher was admitted with segmental fracture of the tibia. It is bad, without surgery i.e interlocking nail she most probably may end up with an angulated and shortened leg.

But she refuse as she wants to visit the 'bomoh patah'. After advising her she was still adamant. Well, I can't be bothered. She can do what she wants... But to give her MC to seek other alternative treatment and come back for more MC is not my idea of being a orthopedic surgeon. So I told my houseofficers to get her to sign an AOR (at own risk discharge) and give her MC till the day she leaves the hospital.

I refuse to give her an appointment to see us back coz it is a waste of time. They come back to get us to re-xray the limb to show the bomoh (thus stealing the radiographs in the process). A waste of my time!!!! I predict, she is going to have problems at work as no government department recognises MC from the bomoh. But do I care??

6 comments:

SeaDemon said...

Well, I was like that. Colles fracture on left wrist playing rugby. The bad thing was, in 3 weeks I was due to swim for Perak. After 2 weeks, x-ray showed it didn't heal fully. So I removed the cast and went to the famous Bomoh Tulang in Beranang (now deceased). 3 days. After that I trained hard and swam for Perak as per schedule.

But of course I never got any MC.

Bakawali said...

hmmmm.......

avthar said...

Ive seen numerous complications including gangrene requiring amputation due to the art work and handicraft work of these so called 'bomoh patah'. No reason for u to give the mc to these type of patients man. Tell them to get the mc from the 'bomoh patah'.
Unfortunately there are some medical personel also who support these stuff and also give the mc to these ignorant patients including dr's. These are the people whom u should shoot tru their right nose, let the bullet penetrate the left internal capsule before exiting the skull. 'Kejam' u may call me, but thats what these idiots deserve.

Bakawali said...

well avthar, u and I think alike. I am so pissed today when they told me that there is a new GO telling drs they must give MC to these pt and monitor the Cx of the bomoh's work... macam kita takde kerja lain.

mocha said...

then what do u do?? submit a report on the bomoh's work?? hehe....give them appraisal end of the year... and recommend them for anugerah khidmat cemerlang or anjakan gaji... hehe

Bakawali said...

Exactly Ming...

Give them annual appraisals...let them sit for the stoopid PTK