BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 08, 2007

Drive Safely


It has been a busy weekend and I have another two days to go before I finish my call. When my colleague Su told me that oncall in the puasa month is horrendous with severe injuries and bad accidents.. The past three days proved that.

Today tops it up. At about 6.30 pm I received a call from my MO informing me there has been an accident involving a family of 5. What made me really sad was this incident involved kids of 4 years, 3 years and 5 month. The father had spinal injury and may be paraplegic after this. ahhh...such a young family. What i cannot tahan the most is hearing the baby cry and cry...

I am so sad.

When I hear the radio advert on to be safe on the road I usually laugh... but it is true. It is usually the ones around us that is affected when we drive carelessly or when we are involved in an accident.

So dearest friends,

Drive defensively, drive safely
Take a break when you need it
Hope you will reach your destination and back safely

Selamat Balik Kampung
SElamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad...sad. I remember visiting my father in law's grave (2nd marriage) at Jalan Mahmoodiah in JB.

It was a depressing event on the first hari raya to see a bloodied body wrapped in white shroud that was somewhat red by the blood being lowered into the grave. There were 6 burials in that one hour that I was there. And there were 5 more plots freshly dug.

What was supposed to be Hari Raya Aidil Fitri turned into Hari Raya Korban for some.